Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Want to read a poem? I think I'd like to submit it to a magazine. What are your thoughts?

****Wake up!****





Sitting and spinning, I move up and down, back and forth.





I鈥檓 further away and now close.





It gives me all such a headache.





I feel my own brain twist as it tries to turn with the dizziness.





I hear the thud echo in my ears.





It鈥檚 starting now.





It鈥檚 only just beginning.





Do I have the balance for it now?





Or will I trip?





Will it lure me in under its magic spell?





Though my eyes, everything is working fine, but something is very wrong.





The voices are going farther away now.





It鈥檚 isolating me.





It wants me alone.





Feel the need to dig deeper into this interesting feeling.





It wraps me and ties me in a knot.





I can鈥檛 see it yet.





I鈥檓 still fascinated, staring down and touching my toes for the very first time.





My vision twists and I twirl.





I know I鈥檓 a goner now.





It鈥檚 my fault.





I walked through the enemy lines. Of course I was going to get caught.





I breathe in the fresh air, not knowing how I got here.





It鈥檚 all just too much. I must have passed through the gates. I don鈥檛 remember much.





I am here now. So let me deal with it. Let me battle you out.





Oh, this is going to make for such a much worse headache.





Staring down at the ground, I realize that I have grown so much.





Why hasn鈥檛 my head hit the stars yet?





I clasp onto the sides of my overgrown head. My teeny hands barely cover my own cheeks.





I know this is bad.





I hear a chirp behind me. I lean to the side.





I think I will fall deeper at this rate.





I pull up and stand my ground. I stomp my thin feet with those captivating toes.





I look down miles high from the sky.





Oh my!





I can see them so closely once again.





Oh no!





I am so small now.





Why is it that my hands are now too big?





This thing sure loves games. I have my own personal fun house mirror trapped in my head.





When will that blood rush happen in my head?





When will the mirror finally break?





This is all too much.





Let me take a break.





Sit and think for a moment.





The blades of bright green grass dazzle me.





Let me pull at them. Just a hint of wetness slips through my fingers. It almost feels silky smooth.





Oh dear, not this again.





Now the blade is dancing on my hand.





Graceful as its ballet is, I know I鈥檓 still caught in a web.





Oh, I don鈥檛 think I want it to end.





It falls back, floating gently in the air. It rests in my hand, feeling the tiny weight it carries.





I let my hand tilt sideways, taking away the balance, making the blade fall all the way.





It flutters through the air, swaying as it goes.





Falling delicately on the sidewalk to the bottom of the world.





I fall with it. I am sitting on the blade at the bottom of the world.





I look up at the world. The colors fuse together. My brain thuds in pain.





I can almost feel the color now.





Reach out my hand. Let it wrap around me willingly.





It tugs on me to go forward. I repel back though.





It has its hold. I have to feel the green now. I have to feel the brown and the light shades of pink.





My body lightly jerks forward in somewhat of a hypnotic state. And then I fall back.





My breathing is erratic.





The colors are spinning and turning. It鈥檚 becoming black, and now I am blind.





I fall sideways off the piece of grass. Such a long fall as my head hits the sidewalk that I鈥檓 surprised that there was no crack.





I lay there, my body is a shell.





Time zips by.





It slows down, waiting for me to come to.





When I don鈥檛, it stops. It knows I must wake up.





My eyes forcefully open.





I lay there under the dark sky.





My head, too heavy to pick up.





My stomach, at the brink of release from the nausea.





I close my eyes once more still feeling the effects.





I find myself slowly lifting up, my hand supporting my head.





Blades of grass stuck in my hair.





I slowly untangle them out, letting them fall to the ground.





I move, lifting myself up.





Very carefully, I walk with little balance back inside.





I鈥檓 home. That鈥檚 where I am.





It just took a long while to get back.





漏 10/4/09 Nicole Pierce





To clarify, I have Alice in Wonderland Syndrome (migraine) I am describing what it is like to be in one of my migraines.





The title refers back to the end of the book of Alice in Wonderland when her sister is calling Alice鈥檚 name, trying to get her to wake up and pay attention.





I would love feedback.


I think I may be submitting this and my two others to a magazine. I have written poetry before, but this is very inspiring to me.


Can you understand what is going on?


If you didn't know it was a migraine, then what did you think was happening in the poem?





My other two are posted and you're welcome to read those as well =)





Thanks in advance =)


http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>





http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>Want to read a poem? I think I'd like to submit it to a magazine. What are your thoughts?
It's beautiful. Captivating, colorful, and written with grace. There are only a few lines which dent the flow of the poem, but other then that it's a wonderful tangle of empathetic description and strange adventure... Great job. Very, very great job. :]Want to read a poem? I think I'd like to submit it to a magazine. What are your thoughts?
Wow that was great!


I don't even like poetry and I thought it was awesome!


And that's saying something coming from me....


You can ask anyone I know....


I am EXTREMELY picky!
verry long I think it was awesome loved it if u have more poems send me some and ur really talented.
Good but a bit long.
Holysheit. That was very good....urgh I feel a migraine coming on %26gt;%26lt;





...you should send this into a contest/magazine...


YOU COULD WIN A MEDAL!!!!
I like it, I do. It’s a little long, but I think its great
Haven't looked at other answers yet, so I can be honest with my opinion here.





first off, I love it, very powerful and dramatic. In all honesty, I did not realise at any point it was regarding migraines, to be truthful I thought it was maybe drink or drugs, the effects of those, trying to get back to reality. Tht's just my opinion though. It was good though.





Be good to see what other think.





:o)
that was great! I liked it.





oh adn thanx for all the books you listed in my question!!!
That's amazing! Purely fantastical :D


The emotion and power in it is so strong, it really captivates the audience. Wonderful job!
Wow I really loved this. After I saw that it was about a migraine I totally got it. It describes my migraines too. There was just one line that seemed to throw me off


';Oh, this is going to make for such a much worse headache.';


It seems to jump out of the flow. Maybe take much out or something idk. But it was really good! You should definitely submit it!
wow that was truly amazing I was in a daze it was great you should continue with poems I would read the mag this was in!!!
awesome :3 im not usualy into poems and stuff like that , but this was just awesome!
I really enjoyed it the poem is very powerful send them to the magazine you should publish them good luck
A lot of ways to interpret this. Having a migraine never occurred to me initially. I thought of a roller coaster when I read this.
wow that was great! I loved it. I can't really add much after all of the other responses...I agree with them! Turn that in, and GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment